Basejumper.com - archive

General BASE

Shortcut
Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
If a class action lawsuit against the NPS for discrimination in issuance of special use permits were to be filed:

Would you like to be apart of the lawsuit or not?

Note: I would assume that any individual who wishes to be apart of the lawsuit would have to apply for a permit. Otherwise the NPS could state that the individual who has not applied has not been discriminated against.

Coco

Edit To Add: Skydivers who read the BASE forum with no intention to BASE or to apply for a permit for means of a lawsuit, Please Do Not Poll. If you wish to comment do so in the thread. Thanks
Shortcut
Re: [dmcoco84] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
Permit Denial #1

Permit Denial #2

Fred Morelli talked about a lawsuit against the NPS more than five years ago. I'll give him a call/email and find out more. The bottom line is that our group is small, but we need to be loud. It would take a major commitment and lots of $ to pursue a lawsuit. Proper use of the media would be critical to be heard. Are jumpers ready to donate time and money to the cause? Maybe, maybe not.....
Shortcut
Re: [base428] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
I told Fred several years back, I would be more than happy to donate Paralegal time/services...am still willing to do so. Drop me a line/PM if you need me to look anything up or how I can help out.

Later Jason,
Kaye
Shortcut
Blinding them with legal proceedings works in many many cases. I say go for it - I'd sign on. I can't afford Lysefjord, I wanna jump El Cap in broad daylight, and should be able to.

Sidebar:

There is a pretty healthy Idaho contingent of BASE jumpers for the obvious reason, and Dirk Kempthorne (former ID governor for those who don't know - now Sec. of Interior) will be leaving with the current administration...between us and the TF community as a whole, perhaps a campaign to get his weight behind us? A last hurrah for the home folks perhaps?

NPS answers to Interior. Just a thought.
Shortcut
This could easily work given the crazy workload of Congress.

This is definetely win-able given enough financial resources and a smart YOUNG attorney willing to put in the long hours to win such a case.

Just set them up to snare themselves in undefensible legal logic. It'll be thrown out by one of the circuit courts or Supreme Court (if they have the political agenda to address any personal freedoms that are rapidly being eroded). We may need some sacrificial lamb jumpers to do this. Ever heard of carefully crafted civil disobedience? Unfortunately a majority of jumpers are not organized enough to pull it off. We'll have to lose some battles here, but do you want to win the battle or the WAR?
Shortcut
This guy has had success getting snowmobilers and 4 wheelers access to National Parks.
Shortcut
In reply to:
Edit To Add: Skydivers ... Please Do Not Poll. If you wish to comment do so in the thread. Thanks

As requested, I'm commenting without voting.

The options you have presented in the poll are incomplete. You give people the option to indicate whether or not they think the case has merit, but only if they vote in a certain way. A person who votes yes (willing to be a party) does not necessarily want to imply that the case has merit -- it might just be a show of solidarity. Another person who votes yes might very well want to show a believe in the merits of the action. So those two cases should (in my view) be separated.
Shortcut
Re: [gweeks] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
pretty impressive resume
Shortcut
Thanks everyone for the inputs so far. Great info! This is something I feel very strongly about and would like to see an outcome in our favor. I have some legal contacts I will be consulting with for legal guidance. Anyone else with legal background or connections that can provide additional knowledge base would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Kaye.

We have a right to jump there and if we don’t step up its never gonna happen. Senate and Congressional members are very beneficial but slow in their aid...Judicial intervention may be what we need to attain our goals before we are "old timer". Tongue

I’ll be out of the country for BASE during July and August but when I get back I will be putting a lot of time into this.

It will take time, money and struggle but it can be done.

“We stand on the Shoulders of Giants”

Coco
Shortcut
Re: [Jingleballs] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
Thank you for your comment but that’s a little more in-depth of a poll than is really necessary in the developing stages of action. I have pretty simple primary goals. A) Make a game plan for approaching this issue. B) Try to find a rough estimate of the people who care about this topic and whether or not they would like to give me, at the least, a name and signature. The degree of merit this case has in someone’s eyes is not of importance to me. If someone votes no, I take that as a lack of interest and an opinion of either low or no merit. Simple as that.

Coco
Shortcut
shit, i'm in! we were talking about it during our two day vacation in jail for nrg jump. Mad
Shortcut
Re: [freeflight] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
My application for a special use permit should be in to Zion by end of this week, I'll post the response as soon as I have it...

And yes, count me in.
Shortcut
so i have a couple of questions...

outside of bridge day, has anyone ever had a permit approved?

is there documentation of how many permits have been requested? denied/approved?

would the aclu be interested in representing our cause, (kind of doubt it but thought i'd throw it out there)

tom tancredo's name has been associated with discrimination against BASE jumpers, now that he's running for president, would he continue to support us?
Shortcut
Re: [littlestranger] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
would the ACLU be interested in representing our cause

Maybe we could get some support from the "Hemlock Society"Wink
Shortcut
http://randazza.wordpress.com/...nd-the-law/#more-172
Shortcut
Re: [Sinister] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
Not a bad guy to contact...
Shortcut
Hello,

I would also be willing to contribute monies to the cause. You might call Rick Harrison for input/advice on this subject.

Tom Dancs
Shortcut
Re: [TomDancs] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
I know some people find him pretty abrasive, but Robin Heid could probably contribute some helpful insights to this as well. Anyone seen him post lately? If I don't see him reply I'll email him about this.
Shortcut
Re: [littlestranger] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
legal permits in Yosemity in 80, legal freefall permits in Canynon de Chelley in 83 -84 and some others. Much better ways to get permits than litigation.'
Rick H
Shortcut
Re: [MB38] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
Regarding me being "not a bad guy to contact...." feel free to do so. However, contrary to the incorrect stereotypes about lawyers, I have very strong ethics... therefore, I can't say that I'd take such a case.

Not because I don't think it has merit. It might. I just don't think I am the best man for the job.

This is the kind of case that, if you put it together, should be handled by the absolute best man for the task. I have seen many important cases that turned to a big double-malfunction because the attorney who took the case was motivated by lucre and/or ego. In situations like that, when the case is lost, the lawyer gets to go on with his career -- but the cause suffers a horrible setback.

That all being said, I can think of nobody better to lead the team on something like this than Fred Morelli. When it comes to this area of law, he's the Jolly Green Giant, and I'm a Keebler Elf. On a case like this, I'd consider it an honor to just carry Morelli's briefcase for him.

That being said, feel free to take any materials you find on my blog, and if there is some small way that I can help out -- don't hesitate to ask. One thing that I think I could do is this: I teach Sports Law, and I have a lot of talented students. If you wind up hiring a good lawyer for this case, no matter what, I'm sure that you will be hard pressed to fully fund the suit. This case could easily run to six figures.

I'd be more than willing to talk to the attorney who takes the case, and put him in contact with some of my students. Perhaps some of them would be willing (under your lawyer's supervision) to do research and memos to cut down on costs for you, and gain practical experience for themselves.

I'm not promising anything, but even though I don't jump anymore, I still consider myself to be "part of the community." I'm certain that if I put out a call for help for something on DZ.com, I'd get more than I needed. (Actually, that has already happened -- back in January) So, in that spirit of "be excellent to each other," I'll certainly do whatever I can that will be both ethical and likely to help, rather than hinder, the cause.
Shortcut
Re: [TomDancs] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
try emailing Rick Harrison or PM'ing him instead of calling him.
Shortcut
General Suggestion

See attachment for suggestion. It is not directed at anyone in particular, and should not be taken personally. Some will understand, some not.

Any questions or comments? Please PM me. PM's that don't look like they are from regular forum participants will be ignored, as will PM's intended as flames. If you feel compellled to flame my ass, do it in public, I rather enjoy it.

Thank You!
Shortcut
Re: [1969912] General Suggestion
You asked for it, so I REFUSE to call you a dipshit. I also WILL NOT call you an annoying ass who has nothing to contribute to a somewhat thought provoking subject. And to call you an ASSinine cock sucker would serve no purpose but to please your own diluted sense of self numbering, SO I WONT.

=nic

(cya in 2 weeks)
Shortcut
Re: [nicrussell] General Suggestion
IMHO, One must assess the morality of the poster's posts before playing god and judging the individual.
Take care,
space
Shortcut
Aight guys. Please take personal chats to PMs. This thread is not the place. This is a serious matter and I'd like to keep this thread clean of clutter and dealing only with important and/or relevant info.

Thanks
Coco
Shortcut
Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to make a quick note. My goal with this lawsuit is to approach the issue of gaining access to our National Parks in a way that has not yet been done. Through a few people I have spoken with individually and the research I have done so far, I feel my original statement is slightly flawed. Some rewording and plan changing is necessary.

I do not think that our best course of action is trying to secure long term permits. I feel it would be better to pursue a lawsuit involving the “misclassification of an appropriate activity within NPS land due to discrimination” rather than securing any form of a permit. If we stay listed as a special use activity requiring permits, the NPS will be able to regulate us much easier and cause many more problems for us down the road. If we prove in a courtroom that our sport is an “appropriate activity”, then we in turn will not be required to hold a permit. I think it would also be easier to prove a sport is appropriate through factual data rather than arguing for a right of use while still classified as “special use.”

Wording is everything and I’m positive our legal guidance will further mold the suit.

Now, I will not go into much detail here on the board planning and idea wise. As we all know, the NPS does look in now and then! So it is my request that those who have solid legal/political connections and/or ideas please PM me instead of posting. In addition to discussion of your idea, I will pass the info onto other front-runners in the case once we establish other individual’s involvement in the process. But either way, the less the NPS can find out the better!

As I said before I will be in out of the country for July and August for BASE so if you do PM me, please allow me some time to reply. Any help is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks
Coco
Shortcut
I'm not a layer, but I would think about challenging the "arial delivery" thing with "intent" ?!?!?

One would intend to jump from an object for recreation rather than "arial delivery" for squating.

Kinda like the JC issue with the ESB, reckless endagerment.

If he says he wasn't reckless, we say were not squatingWink

-A
Shortcut
Re: [dmcoco84] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
my ? would be what kind of suit will this be, single ind. or a org. eg. uspa.some points i think might be worth looking at. i think it would be smart to try and get manufactures and sponsors of the sport in as well. not only argue the access part but argue the economics as well. try and show how the nps position has an effect on tourism and funds. its seems to me that the courts have been looking at alot of laws outside this country to make decisions.
Shortcut
Re: [gauleyguide] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS
In reply to:
I'm not a layer...

I'm sorry to hear that...
Shortcut
Glad to see that you're pursuing this.
Shortcut
Re: [azdiver] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
I think Coco is on the right track with appropriate use and discrimination arguments. That is the gist of the argument that snowmobilers and jetskiers successfully used to gain access to the parks and we have a much lower impact activity than they do.
Shortcut
Re: [gweeks] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
i agree, it is the right track. just wanted to know weather it was going to be one person v nps or base community v nps or even para sports vs nps. havent looked yet but is paragliding allowed in parks? or does that also fall under the delivery by parachute?
Shortcut
Paragliding was allowed and IIRC, They were prohibited because this was the basis of discrimination for another proBASE group fighting for the right to jump.
I think it went something like this:
BASE speaker: Can we jump in the park?
NPS: No.
BASE speaker: But you let Paragliding in the park and you don´t let us. It´s not fair.
NPS: You´re absolutely right. Hey NPS Bob! Prohibit the Paragliders too. See, now it is fair. Bye

Take care,
space
Shortcut
It will be some form of a group (Class Action type) lawsuit. Individual lawsuits are weaker and will drag out the process.

Other examples of discrimination such as paragliding are great to use in our courtroom arguments to show NPS policies and actions are unjust, but we will not be working directly with the paragliding community. This will be a BASE specific lawsuit.

Coco
Shortcut
In reply to:
This will be a BASE specific lawsuit.

Can you explain your reasoning on this, here or via PM?
Shortcut
group? is there one? are you going to start one? as for paragliders not in on actual lawsuit why? how does this action get payed for? pm if you prefer
Shortcut
I wish I had that information. However, because I am still in Europe (as i said above) and only a short period prior to leaving for Norway did I decide upon looking into judicial intervention on this issue, I have not had a whole lot of time to do research. If a lawsuit were to be brought against the NPS, it will occur no less than a year away if not much longer. Lots of ground work, planning, and tons of research needs to be done. And I refuse to spend 1 Kroner a minute for internet access to start the months of research necessary for this. It can wait till I am home.

If a lawsuit were to be brought to the NPS, I don't see more than a one time shot due to funding issues. Unless we find a nice philanthropist to hook us up. A group effort I feel would better suit our needs as a community. I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to law at the moment, which will change, but I do know there are a few different categories when it comes to group/class action lawsuits. I have a few legal contacts which I will consult on the matter, but more help is always appreciated.

The BASE community is the group. "group" comes into play with which type of "group" lawsuit we pursue.

As for paragliding, as I spoke with Le Roy. There is no need to do so. 1) It complicates the lawsuit. The less information to be looked at by the court system the better. I only want to present factual information about BASE. Just because it involves a parachute, does not give us more leverage in our argument. Using examples of other discrimination in our arguments is great but that's different than asking for more. 2) If the above post by BASE 283 ss correct, then if BASE were made legal, paragliding would too. They would barely have to lift a finger to gain access if we achieve access.

Coco
Shortcut
Post deleted by lifewithoutanet

Shortcut
Re: [lifewithoutanet] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
How does the NPS regulate climbers that operat outside of the guidelines?
Shortcut
Collin,

Your last post was completely uncalled for. We didn't even fully discuss what was said in the emails (your initial email to me and my response) before you jumped to a post bashing my ideas and efforts. Just like Robin, who i have spoke to through many Pm's, you are for the efforts of the ABP. You are not even considering the possibility of a lawsuit because of what you want to do.

If I spend the next year researching legal matters, ways of approaching the lawsuit and many other things that need to be looked over and considered and I find that a lawsuit is not the best for our community as a whole. Then I will no longer pursue judicial intervention and allow the ABP to continue there work and hope for the best. Hell, I'll join the ABP and do what I can to assist.

You emailed me with questions and I shared some ideas. You didn't even respond yet and allow me to clarify specifics before posting to the community. That's just not cool.

As for the one shot deal. I'm talking one long haul shot. From the first step into the courtroom through the appellate process till the end(whatever that may be). Even if we get to the Federal Supreme Court we may lose and "another shot" may be necessary. If I couldn't appeal a decision in the lowest of courts due to funding issues, there is no point in even trying because that's how the law works. If NPS loses in the lowest court, you can guarantee they will appeal. I'm planning on a long drawn out lawsuit that is going t be a big pain my ass. I would have clarified that if you would have asked me through our emails.

Do you seriously think, I'm going to walk into a courtroom with BS to feed to a judge. Come on now. I'm not goin to do months of research and put my time and money in this to put my thumb up my butt.

I'm going to be going to medical school dude. Research and studying is my life. Just like I wouldn't take the MCATs without knowing my stuff, I wouldn't fight a federal agency without having a solid case.

In reply to:
The only foundation we have for a lawsuit at this time is discrimination

You are incorrect. Further emails would have showed you this. But again you jumped to conclusions. I'm not going to throw all my ideas on a international BASE board. And you didn't ask about other ideas for approach in your email.

In reply to:
I think there's more to be done before jumping to a class action suit, but that's just my opinion.

You might be right, time and research will tell. But your way, and the ABP way, still leaves us under special use classification and permit based jumping. I don't agree with that.

EVERYONE, PLEASE LISTEN! I am in Nowary currently. I am going to KL, RG and BD also. Between RG and BD, classes will be starting so I will be working full time in a hospital ER (night shift), going to school during the day and working on researching this matter. At the current moment these are baseline/starter ideas. Please, just relax and give me some time to research and have some solid data and then we can fully work on this together (off the board) and knock out the kinks. Your trying to bake a cake without the ingredients. Just chill out until I can get home and start seriously working on this. This is extremely important to me and I will do my very best to make this successful. Email me ideas and I will be more than happy to talk with you and ad them to the potential game plan. Anyone who has emailed me can vouch that I have replied fully within a day or two. And I'm on a BASE trip!!!

Thanks
Coco

P.S. This post just cost me 30 USD. There's 30 USD that doesn't go to the cause...Unsure
Shortcut
Coco,

I agree with you. No one is currently doing anything of great significance to further legal jumping in National Parks, so do we really have anything to lose here? 27+ years of discrimination is a very good reason to pursue a lawsuit. We've done a lot at the lower levels, but maybe it's time to get everyone's attention and take it to federal court. Congressman Tancredo got involved, but we still can't jump in National Parks outside of Bridge Day.

Fred Morelli was prepared to file a similar lawsuit in the late 90's or early 2000's, but he must have lost interest. For the last few years, I discussed the idea with several people and all have supported it.

It sounds to me like Robin Heid is upset that others are planning to take some real action and his name isn't attached to it. I can smell a little of Robin in some of these posts...

Give me a call when you can, Coco. Cya.
Shortcut
Post deleted by lifewithoutanet

Shortcut
Collin,

The problem was not whether you disagree or agree and have questions. Its that you had already emailed me and we were starting a discussion. Why did you feel the need to post about something you could simply put in your next email. You even said in your post you got my email but hadnt replied. It was just uncessary.

If you have an idea or comment, shoot me an email like you did. We can chat about it and if its soemthing benificial to put on the board that doesnt give anything away to the NPS then great, we can post. If not, its best to leave as much off the board as possible.

I can use the internet fine out here but I try to keep things simple till I get home or I can save email drafts and get back to it later. When things are posted on the board I don't like them to sit too long due to postings by others. Things might get way off track and I like to clear things up promptly. Which caused me to spend a good deal of time to ensure my post was complete.

Look, no big deal bro. Youre a cool guy and I enjoyed meeting and jumping with you in TF.

Water under the bridge. Lets back to that email. Reply and we can keep talking.

L8er
Coco

Edit for spelling
Shortcut
Re: [base428] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
I feel I need to put my 2 cents in here. I respect the goals and beliefs of 428 and others that feel a class action lawsuit would be a positive step, but I'm afraid I do not agree. As some of you know, I have been a Federal Attorney for 30 years. For at least half of that time I either bought land for the National Park Service or served as one of the two lead Department of Justice prosecutors in Miami that sued the State of Florida to stop the nutrient pollution coming into the Everglades National Park. I have represented many different Federal Agencies as a trial attorney and there is one thing in common with all of these agencies, especially the NPS. litigation hardens positions. It's human nature. Agencies and the Department of Justice can take years to get any real verdict in such cases. This costs a ton of money to prosecute a case like this. Our Everglades case lasted over 3 years at a cost of over $20 Million combined for all parties. Another true fact, the US Govt. has some very strong rules in it's favor that are in the US Constitution and case law. It is very difficult for a Court to overturn the decision of an agency unless the agency discriminates against a Suspect Classification, such as race, sex or national origin. Believe me BASE Jumping will not deserve a great deal of Court scrutiny since all the NPS has to show legally is a "Rational Basis" for its refusal to permit it. To most humans, and judges, BASE jumping is still considered pretty far out. Joy and I love to keep the numbers since this is one of the most exclusive clubs in the world but most people think we're crazy.
The Political and Negotiation approach goes much further if done correctly. Agency personnel are already overstressed with more work and less budgets the last few years. They respond MUCH better to a few understanding words than they do legal threats. In this case, I support the effort of the BPA and have agreed to lend a little support to the goal of opening up a nice tall legal cliff in the US. If we can do this, it will simply open the door a little wider since Canyon de Chelly was once legal when I did it in 83 and 84 and Bridge Day is a great example of how 428 and others can handle BASE jumpers at a large event. The more legal sites, the better for all of us as long as we learn to police our skills a little better and not let a bunch of newbies try stuff over their heads.

PLEASE remember, since I'm also the Director of the USBA, I am not driving a wedge between backcountry parachuting and BASE. If I help BPA whoever I deal with will know my connection to BASE and that Joy and I issue the numbers. My goal is the same as Carl Boenish, to promote Safe and Legal fixed object jumps all over the world. It's says so on the back of the BASE card. On this issue I vote to suspend talk of litigation until we can get a meaningful forum for discussion. If I can help facilitate that, I will.
Rick Harrison
BASE 38
Shortcut
Re: [RickHarrison] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
Hi Rick,
That is a lot more than 2 cents. and worth a lot more.
Take care,
space
Shortcut
Rick,

Thank you for your post. This is great information and I appreciate your input! I have heard great arguements and ideas for pursuing litigation and I have also heard the same for not doing so. This is a fatastic argument for not bringing litigation to the table. Looking at this type of issue from both sides, in its best arguement, allows us to mold our ideas and game plan to be the most efficient and effective we can be if we do end up in a court room.

As I said in prior posts, if after all my research I find that litigation is not a good route and you are correct. I will no longer pursue it and advise the community why I feel that way.

I do think there is a very good possibility that litigation is the only way some solid ground will be broken. BASE doesn't hold much importance on the NPS "to do list" so how do you talk with a group that truely doesn't care. A lawsuit would force it to be reviewed.

In reply to:
My goal is the same as Carl Boenish, to promote Safe and Legal fixed object jumps all over the world.

I feel exactly the same way and will only pursue something I think would benifit that goal. But before you can say its not worth it, you gotta take a serious and complete look. From what I hear that hasn't been done. So I'm look'in Wink

I would love to talk to you more on this matter once I am home. Your knowledge of the legal system alone would help drastically!

Coco
edit spelling
Edit twice for spelling
Shortcut
Gosh darn good letter hon.

You folks play nice!

Joy
Shortcut
Lots of great input here so far. Hopefully, people can grasp the enormity of a lawsuit and see that quite a bit of work would need to be performed long before anything was filed. It's definately something to investigate and hopefully Fred Morelli can add some input since he was prepared to do this several years ago. With that being said, we've also discussed similar options such as:

-Protests at Yosemite and/or Dept of Interior in WashDC.
-Packing protests in Yosemite
-Meetings with the Director of NPS
-Media campaign targeting NPS discrimination

I've lightly pursued several of the above options on my own, but received little feedback, if any. Fran Mainella (former Director, NPS) would never answer my emails or letters. The media isn't too interested in the plight of a few crazy BASE jumpers. And I doubt that less than a handful of jumpers would even show up for a Yosemite protest.

So, does anyone have any suggestions?

Maybe if 100+ jumpers showed up at Yosemite for an organized protest, we might get some attention. I've already got some beta on how/where this would be done. Until jumpers become unified and organized, we're going to have to keep running from rangers. The problem is that some people actually like getting chased......
Shortcut
Organized protests are a great idea but I think it would serve better if done closer to the time of a lawsuit being filed. That way if we do received solid media coverage it will transfer right over into the lawsuit. Instead of fading away and then trying to get coverage and support again.

Coco
Shortcut
dmcoco84 wrote:
Organized protests are a great idea but I think it would serve better if done closer to the time of a lawsuit being filed.

I just finished a lawsuit, on behalf of an Association. We never went to trial, but settled in arbitration. The settlement amount was in the half-million range. We had 1M in damages we were seeking. We filed the suit last year, and our three week jury trial date was set for January of 2008, 18 months from the date we filed suit.

It was a very simple lawsuit. Civil claim. Here is what we spent:

$70,000 lawyers
$30,000 experts
$10,000 in copy, fax, office supply expense
400 hours time from 3 board members

I say this because I would be more than willing to do whatever you need (PM me if you need a signature on something or a donation to a fund) - but I just at this point don't believe you have the funds necessary to have a successful suit unless you can find a BASE jumpn' lawyer to do all the work for free. I know one, I will ask, but this person is very busy, so I already know the answer.

Lets say the suit will cost 10X the cost of the simple suit I just finished. $700,000. If you have 1,000 base jumpers (about 20 from each state), you will need $700 from each. That is a lot of bake sales, or one real good corporate sponsor, one comes to mind...

Since I hate lawyers, wouldn't it be cool if this could be "won" by having community sweat equity in building trails, cleaning up trash, etc - making the park a better place for all. The publicity and gift back would be so much better to society than feeding lawyers.

Ok, I know, get back to the real world...Wink
Shortcut
Re: [tdog] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
I agree. Funding a lawsuit is going to be one of the most difficult challenges we face. However, I'd rather have all the details worked out and ready to file a lawsuit than not because of a complicated unknown.

Just like the individual who is trying to land a WS. Just because you don't have the funding at the moment, doesn't mean you shouldn't attain the technical data and know its possible to do.

Its also easier to convince a corporate sponsor or any possible funding group (doesn't necessarily have to be BASE or skydiving related) to supply the green if you show them the data and they think you have a chance. Ground work first......Funding later. One step at a time.

Also, I am quite knowledgable when it comes to banking and investing. Any funding received can be placed into low risk accounts that have decent returns. 1000 Jumpers * 50USD each - 50,000USD Thats a pretty nice start.

Coco
Shortcut
A few years ago I met with the Superintendent of Yosemite and the Chief Ranger for the purpose of making a legal jump there. I also wrote letters to the Sec. of the Interior and the NPS. I also received support from Sens. Bird, Dole and Helms. All of my requests were rejected.
Shortcut
It's funny how things happen... at particular times.

I started this thread right before Norway...

Hadn't forgotten about it, but it wasn’t until very recently that this thread, directly, returned to my attention; quite a long winded explanation, and a very freaky means to which it did, as well.

Little Did I Know... how drastically my life would change, forever, soon after at BD '07.

And what is forever listed, right above it?

Bridge Day 2007

In reply to:
My goal with this lawsuit is to approach the issue of gaining access to our National Parks in a way that has not yet been done.

GRIN ... Unreal

Not to mention, that I "happen to live" in one of the few states, that still has a "Reading Law" program.

Seven Years... Seven, Years.

I’ve said it many times over, in the last few years. Oh, and I’m sure I’ll say it many more:

G-d has a bizarre sense of humor.

The Hand of G-d has been so conspicuous in all this, that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked, that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations.

Whisper... I know what to do, to open up Yosemite ...Whisper
NPS - BD 07.jpg
Shortcut
Before Norway existed as a state? Did you turn to Islamic fundamentalism after Bridge Day 2007?

Context is helpful.
Shortcut
Re: [base698] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
base698 wrote:

Context is helpful.

He is clearly talking about the simulation theory.
Shortcut
Re: Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
In reply to:
Before Norway existed as a state?

Yes, Exactly!

I went back in time, kidnapped Ragnar Lodbrok, and he helped me write my post.

Now... I was initially planning to carjack Doc and Marty, since that sweet ride also has my initials on the front. However, I have ESPN... so I knew back in 2007 that in the future Jeb and the gang would be doing Point Break. So I therefore opted to bitch smack Bill and Ted and borrow their phone booth instead.

In reply to:
Did you turn to Islamic fundamentalism after Bridge Day 2007?

IDK, maybe... Would I still pass the background check and be able to jump at Bridge Day 2015?

In reply to:
He is clearly talking about the simulation theory.

Clearly...?

Did George Washington come up with that theory?
Oh, NPS... we're gonna have some fun!! 3, 2, 1... See Ya, In Federal Court.

Shortcut
Things are better in Numbers.......I say we include the Paraglider community.
Shortcut
GDub wrote:
I have no inclination to touch, much less to dilate on politics. For in politics, as in religion, my tenets are few & simple: the leading one of which; and indeed that which embraces most others, is to be honest & just ourselves, & to exact it from others; meddling as little as possible in their affairs where our own are not involved. If this maxim was generally adopted, Wars would cease, and our swords would soon be converted into reap-hooks, & our harvests be more abundant, peaceful & happy. ’Tis wonderful it should be otherwise, & that the Earth should be moistened with human gore, instead of the refreshing streams wch the shedders of it might become instruments to lead over its plains, to delight & render profitable our labours. But alas! the Millennium will not, I fear, appear in our days. The restless mind of man cannot be at peace; & when there is disorder within, it will appear without—& soon or late will shew itself in acts. So it is with Nations, whose mind is only the aggregate of those of the individuals, where the Government is representative; and the voice of a Despot, where it is not. -- December 24, 1795

Shortcut
George Washington wrote:
Integrity & firmness is all I can promise—these, be the voyage long or short, never shall forsake me although I may be deserted by all men. - For of the consolations which are to be derived from these (under any circumstances) the world cannot deprive me. -- April 1, 1789

...with feelings not unlike those of a culprit who is going to the place of his execution...

George Washington wrote:
I have no inclination to touch, much less to dilate on politics. For in politics, as in religion, my tenets are few & simple: the leading one of which; and indeed that which embraces most others, is to be honest & just ourselves, & to exact it from others; meddling as little as possible in their affairs where our own are not involved. If this maxim was generally adopted, Wars would cease, and our swords would soon be converted into reap-hooks, & our harvests be more abundant, peaceful & happy. ’Tis wonderful it should be otherwise, & that the Earth should be moistened with human gore, instead of the refreshing streams wch the shedders of it might become instruments to lead over its plains, to delight & render profitable our labours. But alas! the Millennium will not, I fear, appear in our days. The restless mind of man cannot be at peace; & when there is disorder within, it will appear without—& soon or late will shew itself in acts. So it is with Nations, whose mind is only the aggregate of those of the individuals, where the Government is representative; and the voice of a Despot, where it is not. -- December 24, 1795

Shortcut
David, please stop bring up these old threads.
Shortcut
Ummm.. how's that lawsuit going?
Shortcut
dmcoco84 wrote:
I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to law at the moment, which will change, ...

Beyond Grateful...

...my Gratitude for having this in Writing, is Inexpressible.
Shortcut
Re: [base388] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
base388 wrote:
Things are better in Numbers.......I say we include the Paraglider community.

I've previously addressed this; my opinion remains unchanged:

dmcoco84 wrote:
As for paragliding, as I spoke with Le Roy. There is no need to do so. 1) It complicates the lawsuit. The less information to be looked at by the court system the better. I only want to present factual information about BASE. Just because it involves a parachute, does not give us more leverage in our argument. Using examples of other discrimination in our arguments is great but that's different than asking for more. 2) If the above post by BASE 283 is correct, then if BASE were made legal, paragliding would too. They would barely have to lift a finger to gain access if we achieve access.

http://www.basejumper.com/...post=2875028#2875028
Shortcut
Re: [JT8D] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
JT8D wrote:
Ummm.. how's that decade old lawsuit against your own ego going?

There,, I fixed it for ya.
Shortcut
Re: [JDS] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
Sweet.. basejumper.com has built in grammarly.. lol.. that's what i meant to type
Shortcut
Re: [zmorlock] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
zmorlock wrote:
David, please stop bring up these old threads.

Now You Listen Here, Zack!

You are causing me a notable quantity in albuterol supplies with these various quips of yours. I'm by no means saying knock it off, but I'm just saying; You've Been Notified.
Shortcut
When Jason said he was done with the BD comm and wasn't coming back again, he suggested a boycott. I and a few others strongly agreed. An Asshat decided to come and circumvent it and a few other jumpers showed for the event the next year pretty much negating the whole boycott thing. Too bad. It wude have been an excellent step in the rite direction IF it would have been successful and if nobody showed. But, no, that didn't happen. Apparently 1 fucking yr was too much to ask from the BASE community. The odds of getting a REAL lawsuit going are near zero. If you are serious about a change, start small. Boycott BD, make a stand for something and stop begging for a change. It hasn't worked in the past and won't work in the future. Show the NPS yer serious and shut down BD for just 1 yr. No guarantees but, when they get hit in the pocketbook, it does make a difference
Shortcut
Re: [baronn] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
baronn wrote:
When Jason said he was done with the BD comm and wasn't coming back again, he suggested a boycott. I and a few others strongly agreed. An Asshat decided to come and circumvent it and a few other jumpers showed for the event the next year pretty much negating the whole boycott thing. Too bad. It wude have been an excellent step in the rite direction IF it would have been successful and if nobody showed. But, no, that didn't happen. Apparently 1 fucking yr was too much to ask from the BASE community. The odds of getting a REAL lawsuit going are near zero. If you are serious about a change, start small. Boycott BD, make a stand for something and stop begging for a change. It hasn't worked in the past and won't work in the future. Show the NPS yer serious and shut down BD for just 1 yr. No guarantees but, when they get hit in the pocketbook, it does make a difference

As with Collin above:

You Are Extremely Wrong.

You are both more wrong now, than you were twelve years ago.

Shortcut
dmcoco84 wrote:
baronn wrote:

As with Collin above:

You Are Extremely Wrong.

You are both more wrong now, than you were twelve years ago.

Well then, why don't you reply back to this thread in another 12 years and update us chief. But your nonsense is just that. I seriously doubt you have ANY legal experience going AGAINST the federal government.
Shortcut
Re: [W_Heisenberg] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
Wrong? How do you or anyone know that? Since it was never done, nobody knows what the results mite have been. When that Bozo jumped in all kinds of things were said to change. How'd that work out? In spite of your all knowing attitude and incorrect assumptions about other folks knowledge or experience, an action has to be actually implemented to see any results. I gave up on these forums because of shit like this. I'll continue to do my thing and watch the fools that seem to know more than well, anyone, keep spewing there stupidity. Good Luck
Shortcut
Re: [baronn] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
Good luck with that!
It's like the moronic woman in Colorado who bought a house next to an airport and files a lawsuit against MHSD and the FAA. She spent 500k.... and lost!
You and cocopuffs can chest pound your intelligence up your ass. You'll still never win a lawsuit against the feds over this sport allowed in Yosemite.
Shortcut
I'd guess that the dollar cost to win that kind of lawsuit would be more than the total dollar cost of just paying the fines for every jumper who gets busted in the next 15 years.

I realize that's not the point, but it is some food for thought.
Shortcut
JDS wrote:

Will have to get back to you on that...

Not sure which one of the voices has standing.

JDS wrote:
JT8D not witty enough to write / wrote:

There,, I fixed it for ya.

A MADMAN, Your Honor!

I'm having too/so much fun within flushing out the bull shit; before we get down to business.

Sorry, But, Tis The Truth.

"I cannot tell a lie."

The Pen Is Blue!

LaughAngelic
Shortcut
JDS wrote:
your ego

That will be an interesting topic to come back to.
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
TomAiello wrote:
I'd guess that the dollar cost to win that kind of lawsuit would be more than the total dollar cost of just paying the fines for every jumper who gets busted in the next 15 years.

I realize that's not the point, but it is some food for thought.

I think you're forgetting something, there, Tom...

W_Heisenberg wrote:
pound ... up your ass
Shortcut
Coconut Cupcakes
Prep Time:35 minutesCook Time:28 minutesTotal Time:1 hour 3 minutes Servings: 24 cupcakes Calories: 415kcal Author: Miranda Course: Dessert Cuisine: American
Ingredients

Cupcakes
1 cup butter room temperature
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. coconut extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
14 oz. coconut cream
Raspberry Filling
3 T . cornstarch
1/2 cup granulated sugar
6 oz . fresh raspberries
1/3 cup water
Frosting
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 1/2 T. milk
1 tsp. coconut extract
Garnish
24 raspberries
1/2 cup toasted coconut
Instructions
Filling
In a small saucepan, add in the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until combined.
Add in the raspberries and water, whisking until combined.
Bring the mixture up to a boil and let boil for 2 - 4 minutes until thickened. Be sure to mash the raspberries with the back of a wooden spoon while it's boiling.
Place into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
Cupcakes Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place the cupcake liners into two cupcake pans. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter and granulated sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.

Add in the vanilla extract, coconut extract and the eggs one at a time. Beat the egg into the mixture until thoroughly incorporated before adding the next egg. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in any additional egg.
In a separate bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
Add the coconut cream into a dish and stir. This will help incorporate any liquid that has separated and loosen the cream up some.
Add the flour and coconut cream alternately always starting and ending with the flour. I did 3 additions of flour and 2 additions of coconut cream. Scrape down the sides and mix to combine.
Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full.
Place the cupcakes into the oven and bake for 28 minutes or until done. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before adding the filling or frosting.
Frosting
In a large bowl, add in the butter, powdered sugar, milk, and coconut extract. Mix on medium until incorporated. Turn mixer on high and beat for another 1 - 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add half of the frosting into a disposable bag fitted with a 1M tip.
Assemble
Using a small knife, cut a hole in the center of the cooled cupcakes. Make sure it doesn't go all the way through the cupcake though.
Add the chilled raspberry filling in a disposable piping bag. Fill each of the cupcakes to the top of the cupcake with the filling.
Using the frosting in the piping bag, add a swirl to each cupcake.
Add some toasted coconut to the top of each cupcake and top with fresh raspberry.
Keyword: Coconut Cupcakes, raspberry filling
Nutrition
Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 10.3% | Vitamin C: 3.4% | Calcium: 2% | Iron: 7.3%
Shortcut
JDS wrote:
Coconut Cupcakes
Prep Time:35 minutesCook Time:28 minutesTotal Time:1 hour 3 minutes Servings: 24 cupcakes Calories: 415kcal Author: Miranda Course: Dessert Cuisine: American
Ingredients

Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. coconut extract
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
14 oz. coconut cream
Raspberry Filling
3 T . cornstarch
1/2 cup granulated sugar
6 oz . fresh raspberries
1/3 cup water
Frosting
3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 1/2 T. milk
1 tsp. coconut extract
Garnish
24 raspberries
1/2 cup toasted coconut
Instructions
Filling
In a small saucepan, add in the sugar and cornstarch. Whisk until combined.
Add in the raspberries and water, whisking until combined.
Bring the mixture up to a boil and let boil for 2 - 4 minutes until thickened. Be sure to mash the raspberries with the back of a wooden spoon while it's boiling.
Place into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge to chill.
Cupcakes Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place the cupcake liners into two cupcake pans. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter and granulated sugar. Mix until light and fluffy.

Add in the vanilla extract, coconut extract and the eggs one at a time. Beat the egg into the mixture until thoroughly incorporated before adding the next egg. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in any additional egg.
In a separate bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
Add the coconut cream into a dish and stir. This will help incorporate any liquid that has separated and loosen the cream up some.
Add the flour and coconut cream alternately always starting and ending with the flour. I did 3 additions of flour and 2 additions of coconut cream. Scrape down the sides and mix to combine.
Fill the cupcake liners 3/4 full.
Place the cupcakes into the oven and bake for 28 minutes or until done. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before adding the filling or frosting.
Frosting
In a large bowl, add in the butter, powdered sugar, milk, and coconut extract. Mix on medium until incorporated. Turn mixer on high and beat for another 1 - 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add half of the frosting into a disposable bag fitted with a 1M tip.
Assemble
Using a small knife, cut a hole in the center of the cooled cupcakes. Make sure it doesn't go all the way through the cupcake though.
Add the chilled raspberry filling in a disposable piping bag. Fill each of the cupcakes to the top of the cupcake with the filling.
Using the frosting in the piping bag, add a swirl to each cupcake.
Add some toasted coconut to the top of each cupcake and top with fresh raspberry.
Keyword: Coconut Cupcakes, raspberry filling
Nutrition
Calories: 415kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 215mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 10.3% | Vitamin C: 3.4% | Calcium: 2% | Iron: 7.3%

I'm totally making this!!!
Shortcut
Out of curiosity, how are your psych meds managed?
Have they increased the doses? or have you gone off them completely?
Shortcut
JDS wrote:
Raspberry Filling

Gross! What kinda fuckin' psycho ruins a coconut cupcake with raspberry filling?

Who ever wrote this recipe, should be pimp slapped, thrown in a reeducation camp, and then for good measure, taken out back and shot; with a ranch rifle, because ar15's are racist.

And God Damn You Are Lazy.

This would've been a heck of a lot funnier, and far more suitable (for "3" reasons): Crazy Triple Coconut

P.S. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

P.S.S. I'm not talking about murder... just a flesh wound.

P.S.S.S. You like them snozberries don't you?

Shortcut
Re: [seldomseen_mark] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
seldomseen_mark wrote:
Out of curiosity, how are your psych meds managed?
Have they increased the doses? or have you gone off them completely?

post_latest_reply;#2868950

dmcoco84 wrote:
Aight guys. Please take personal chats to PMs. This thread is not the place. This is a serious matter and I'd like to keep this thread clean of clutter and dealing only with important and/or relevant info.

Thanks
Coco

Oh, Mark...

We Are Definitely Going to Be Coming Back to This Topic.

Note: This is an example of a true statement, and concurrently an extremely cryptic statement.

leroydb wrote:
I'm kinda afraid of the coco wrath but I will say congrat anyway...

be safe don't die

http://www.basejumper.com/...post=2647250#2647250
Shortcut
In all seriousness, Coco can you please try to cut back on the resurrection of 10 year old posts and the posting of strings of animated graphics?

Thanks.
Shortcut
Re: [TomAiello] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
TomAiello wrote:
In all seriousness, Coco can you please try to cut back on the resurrection of 10 year old posts and the posting of strings of animated graphics?

Thanks.

Put my thread back.

Sure. I can absolutely cut down on the graphics (go back to Pre Bridge Day 2007 posting style too)... but I have only "resurrected" threads that were necessary. Would you like a list of 50 other threads I can post in, right the hell now? I've already noted Toggle's... the rest are much older.

I'm Not Screwing Around, Tom.

I've never had any issues with you, and if you think I'm full of shit, with the way things are going, you will soon know exactly how serious I am; and what I've been doing for the last 11 years.

Or, we can keep doing this.

I've been on this forum for 15+ years... and only once, for a short period was I out of the loop (shall I resurrect that thread also?). I knew exactly what type of stupid bull shit I was gonna have to address when I started posting; despite the fact that far too many haven't logged in for years. - Likely going to get worse when the search function is destroyed. - I didn't want to post at all; that's without even mentioning the previously and likely future push back from the highly respected opinion(s) of Rick Harrison. And guess what, I don't trust him either. Probably not gonna tell him a damn thing; until I'm ready to file. Jean, Maybe. I actually asked someone in PM what he felt about me not having posted, since he asked me previously and thereafter knew, that I'm still pursing legal action(s). I probably would've posted a lot more by now, if not for all the bull shit.

If people wanna keep dishing out nonsense, I'll serve far more right back at them.

And I like how this is my 1020th post ... What day was Bridge Day 2007? 10/20.

Shortcut
More cowbell!?
Shortcut
How many BASE jumps have you done in the last 12 months? Just curious, given that you're the squeaky wheel on this forum.
Shortcut
Re: [BigfcknG] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
I’ll vouch for David, and how dare your bring up the size of your ducks. Duck size doesn’t matter in fixed object jumping. You fucking duck.
Shortcut
BigfcknG wrote:
How many BASE jumps have you done in the last 12 months? Just curious, given that you're the squeaky wheel on this forum.

The Answer is 42.

How many sub-terminal wingsuit jumps have you made in the last 12 years?

Come to BD this year, I'll be there... we could do a 2-Way. I'd be doing a gainer though, maybe two.

(Yes, I know, I'm sorry Uncle Charlie. I appreciated your concern, and still absolutely do think about Alfio's every single day. But the Truth Remains: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf0hjLJZFng. That's kinda why I'm doing what I'm doing... it's not wise or "safe" to only do two ws jumps a year off that bridge. And I think I've already made it abundantly clear, that I care far more about the NRGB than I do about Yosemite.)

Yeah, Well, if this forum hadn't gotten so damn boring I wouldn't have to try to liven it up; or try getting people to come back. I sent FastPete a PM (seeing if he had notifications turned on... he did), logged in, but hasn't been back in over a year. Now That's Funny! ... So again, if they do to the BASEZone what they have done to the Dorkzone, without addressing every issue [possible] first; this place is gonna seriously suffer.

Note: I will say, that's a nice little tie into the thread that got me to start posting. I'll give ya 1 witty point.

W_Heisenberg wrote:
Well then, why don't you reply back to this thread in another 12 years and update us chief.

Think RBG will still be on the bench in 12 years?

I don't think Ray Kurzweil's predictions are coming quite fast enough.

Shortcut
https://chrome.google.com/...mdndlcdgflbmadiomico

this will put an 'X' next so someones username.
if you click the X, you wont see their posts

it is like a breath of fresh air
Shortcut
Re: [Dadsy] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
Dadsy wrote:
https://chrome.google.com/...mdndlcdgflbmadiomico

this will put an 'X' next so someones username.
if you click the X, you wont see their posts

it is like a breath of fresh air

So you're Lazy, and Soft?

Hey Dadsy, how many PMs have I sent you?

That's right, cause I'm not Robin Heid, and it is completely inconsequential to me if you hide my posts. What I do find amusing though, is how you posted three times in that second thread... and it's not even half a decade old. Couldn't bother to even look at your own posts... ey?

Shortcut
Re: [c_dog] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
c_dog wrote:
I'm totally making this!!!

Well. Did you? Going to offer me one...?
Shortcut
Bump
Shortcut
Re: [SLAMBO] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**

BUMP.jpeg
Shortcut
So, Pete. I think we should try this again... yes?

baronn wrote:

Adjusted Reply - dmcoco84 wrote:
As with Collin above:

You Are Extremely Wrong.

You are both more wrong now, than [he was] twelve years ago.

(1) "Reading is Fundamental"

(2) That/Your singularly bolded sentence... is a Straight Up Bull Shit Ass Statement.

baronn wrote:
Wrong? How do you or anyone know that? Since it was never done, nobody knows what the results mite have been. When that Bozo jumped in all kinds of things were said to change. How'd that work out? In spite of your all knowing attitude and incorrect assumptions about other folks knowledge or experience, an action has to be actually implemented to see any results. I gave up on these forums because of shit like this. I'll continue to do my thing and watch the fools that seem to know more than well, anyone, keep spewing there stupidity. Good Luck

You and Heisenberg's posts remind me of The Truman Show (the coco[a] part just adds to the hilarity):

"What the Hell are you talking about? ... Who [the fuck] ya talkin' to?!"

(3) This thread is not about Bridge Day, it's about, the NPS; nor was I addressing anything you wrote, other than what I bolded. - But am happy to laugh with others at the issues between Burning Man/BLM.

Now ... If you bother to review my posts about BD 2015 (and all material matters created thereafter by its events), it's also abundantly clear that I wasn't happy about what occurred.

I furthermore remain pissed off that Tree deleted every single post he ever made on the forum (Collin too), including within my various threads; hence, why I immediately began preserving the record by quoting his posts. And if he makes any posts in the future, they will also be immediately preserved.

(4) Point Being: Pete ... Seriously ... You're Obsessed. While you're screaming at, and berating the choir.

If you still want a boycott so badly, maybe, go make a day blaze jump, get tased (ideally in the nuts), and possibly people will get angry and you can have a BD boycott. IDK. Because "Other" than that, the window has closed. It's Over. Rehashing everything (in a terribly uncompelling way), as it appears you'd be happy to do, is not at all productive. And thinking that a boycott of 2019 or 2020 would be beneficial, outside of something similar in severity as the fingerprinting... is truly insane. Get Over It ... Let's Be Productive.

Lastly ... Ya know what's great about this topic? -- Did ya count how many attorneys posted in this thread? How many more do you think there are, who didn't; or perhaps weren't jumpers 12 years ago?

You understand how easily it could be determined if I'm full of shit, yes? -- But unlike uhuck, I won't need hundreds of people to show up and risk their freedom or property.

If anything should be done for "change" that is "starting small", it's exactly what Mitch has been doing.

Not, fucking with West Virginia...

Shortcut
W_Heisenberg wrote:
Well then, why don't you reply back to this thread in another 12 years and update us chief. But your nonsense is just that. I seriously doubt you have ANY legal experience going AGAINST the federal government.

W_Heisenberg wrote:
Good luck with that!
It's like the moronic woman in Colorado who bought a house next to an airport and files a lawsuit against MHSD and the FAA. She spent 500k.... and lost!
You and cocopuffs can chest pound your intelligence up your ass. You'll still never win a lawsuit against the feds over this sport allowed in Yosemite.

W_Heisenberg wrote:
1. Your PM made no sense like the rest of your posts. You asked something about the FAA? So whatever your question was I’m sure it’s searchable on this site called “google”
Learn to do your own homework David.
http://www.basejumper.com/...post=2998210#2998210

"Something about the FAA"

Man ... You are self-righteous as fuuuuck!

Complete PM Text: "Got a link/name/more info?"

An absence of Reading Comprehension skills, is known as a "personal problem."

You're the one who has posted gibberish. I did look for that stupid ass irrelevant case... but with your scant and schizophrenic style details, I couldn't find it. -- If you lack the testicular fortitude to back up your horseshit statements, that's fine; the described case clearly has no bearing on anything material.

And with what I'm doing, it won't cost anywhere near 500K. But in accordance with what tdog wrote (above), 50K at most, would be an accurate and reasonable figure.

W_Heisenberg wrote:
2. Jesus is talking to you? Are you a moe?

It's called mockery; just like the dmx link(s) for you, "Heisenberg."

That one is for Tom, because of last Easter in Yosemite.

But apparently you have a short memory, as well.

Shortcut
Bump
Shortcut
You're cracking me up. You're like a kid with a stick at the zoo, poking the monkey through the bars of its cage.
Shortcut
Hookers & blow Slambo..

... Hookers & blow.
How's your wife and Charley's kid?
Shortcut
What's with that recipe?
Shortcut
Re: [bellisima] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
bellisima wrote:
What's with that recipe?

Just adding some substance to an otherwise stale thread
but only he/she who eats the cupcake will truly know.
Shortcut
JDS wrote:
bellisima wrote:
What's with that recipe?

Just adding some substance to an otherwise stale thread
but only he/she who eats the cupcake will truly know.

Oh cum now, don't be modest...

JDS likes to make baked goods for the hookers that don't infect him with super gonorrhea. His immense love for cakes and pastries clearly infected his attempt to insult me.

But calling me crazy, isn't an insult...

I just hope he isn't feeding that raspberry filled crap to hookers, that should be a felony. Especially with that last line; skeet skeet skeet, all up in the cupcake batter.

JDS wrote:
Hookers & blow Slambo..

... Hookers & blow. ... and Super Gonorrhea.
Shortcut
The NPS loves raspberries. I'm sure they would love you with all your cum and skeet talk.
I won't mention any names,, but the fact is that I took a couple of dip shit buddies to the the Mustang Ranch and they both, unknowingly, got blown from the same chick and they both had the super gonorrhea for weeks. Poor bastards.
A felony?? it should be legal... c'mon man.
For the amount of jumping that goes on in Yosemite, it's already damn near legal too.
Everyone wants to jump during the day and not get busted.. or in your case "you want to jump with your dad" and not have to worry about getting busted.
Go ahead and fight your fight dude. I think the government will be wiping raspberry skeet from their lips.

Watch out for those hookers in downtown Sac SLAMBO!
Shortcut
Not George Washington wrote:
Don't dread suffering, that only makes it worse. Anticipate it, predict it, even exaggerate it in your anticipation of it. Don't fight a neurosis, or a symptom of one. It may actually be a friend in disguise, a mere symptom of a deeper disturbance rendered less severe by it. A neurosis may well be a vital protective shield. Detach yourself from it, predict it, exaggerate it and laugh at it. It can safely and effectively be ridiculed away, but not torn away. Try to find meaning in every circumstance; meaning varies with the individual and with him it may vary by the hour. The meaning for a particular moment may simply be to endure that moment in a manner that you can be proud of. But, be aware of false pride. Don't expect too much. Perhaps in retrospect, it will show, that it was meaningful enough just to have endured. To have survived. To have tried. Perhaps in the end it will be just as meaningful to look back and say, I tried. As it would be to say, I succeeded.

dmcoco84 wrote:
George Washington wrote:
Integrity & firmness is all I can promise—these, be the voyage long or short, never shall forsake me although I may be deserted by all men. - For of the consolations which are to be derived from these (under any circumstances) the world cannot deprive me. -- April 1, 1789

...with feelings not unlike those of a culprit who is going to the place of his execution...

George Washington wrote:
Shortcut
JDS wrote:
The NPS loves raspberries.

Mm. I'm sure they do love, blowing, raspberries, every time they prosecute one of us...

...And That's Going To End.

JDS wrote:
I'm sure they would love you with all your cum and skeet talk.

Ooookay. <---Said like Adam Carolla

You're the one who brought up hookers.

And then, ah, oddly wrote this weird ass line...

"...only he/she who eats the cupcake will truly know."

Gross. I highly doubt you're referencing some chick flick movie.

P.S. "(how dare you assume there were only two genders of Revolutionaries)"

JDS wrote:
I won't mention any names,, but the fact is that I took a couple of dip shit buddies to the the Mustang Ranch and they both, unknowingly, got blown from the same chick and they both had the super gonorrhea for weeks. Poor bastards.

Chick had Pharyngeal Super G!? ... That Sucks.

JDS wrote:
A felony?? it should be legal... c'mon man.

Prostitution; legal.

Ruining (coconut) baked goods with raspberry filling; capital punishment.

JDS wrote:
For the amount of jumping that goes on in Yosemite, it's already damn near legal too.

For the amount of pot smoking that goes on in the USA, it's already damn near legal too.

An equally absurd statement.

JDS wrote:
Everyone wants to jump during the day and not get busted.. or in your case "you want to jump with your dad" and not have to worry about getting busted.

If Yosemite didn't exist... I'd still want to jump in Arches and Canyonlands whenever the hell I want, just like Moab, with zero potential of being hassled by jackasses; threatened with incarceration, robbed of my property and currency... and on top, a tyrannical raspberry blowing mentality, from said jackasses.

Note: I'm Night 166. I have no problem with night jumps, and my old man doesn't either.

JDS wrote:
Go ahead and fight your fight dude.

Mm ... I Will.

JDS wrote:
I think the government will be wiping raspberry skeet from their lips.

Ah ... That's not how it works.

Unless, if we lose, you bake them up a special batch.

JDS wrote:
Watch out for those hookers in downtown Sac SLAMBO!
Shortcut
Bump
Shortcut
SLAMBO wrote:
Bump

I'd LOVE one!!!!!
Shortcut
Re: [TransientCW] Class Action Lawsuit - Hookers & blow**Update**
Slambo is passing out bumps like he's driving a cab.

I betcha George Washington tips like shit....
"Thanks for the tip asshole"
Shortcut
Re: [JDS] Class Action Lawsuit - Hookers & blow**Update**
^because David is in a manic phase currently, and if he wants to waste 50k+ to jump with his dad off some stupid ass bridge in Virginia, let him waste his time and money. In the mean time everyone else is off to jump Yosemite and Europe... and doing bumps from Slambo.

David is obviously one of those millennial's who is use to getting his way the more he cries. The NPS is going to let him cry all day long and the policy will stay in place... he's just out 50k+, a lot of tears, and nonsense writing.
Shortcut
W_Heisenberg wrote:
^because David is in a manic phase currently, and if he wants to waste 50k+ to jump with his dad off some stupid ass bridge in Virginia, let him waste his time and money. In the mean time everyone else is off to jump Yosemite and Europe... and doing bumps from Slambo.

W_Heisenberg wrote:
between this post, and 99% of your others. Thank you for letting us all know you're currently in the manic phase. You should try Risperdal Consta so that you don't have to take daily meds.

15 years from now, the NP will STILL be closed to jumping, you'll be too demented to know what a national park is.

Awwww, that's cute. You learned another psychiatric term?

I'm surprised that you didn't use this insult in one of your ridiculous pms.

Maybe, if you work really hard, you can get through the whole "Mental Illness bible" before you die.

(And now we all get to wonder if I'm implying anything... old age? / bfl? -- Or, maybe you'll be one of those special few who have a cardiac event from a NPS scrotal tase. You, do have a scrotum, correct?)

pope wrote:
you have to remember that it's not "what you could get by with."

The whole aerial delivery law is bunk to begin with when applied to our sport--it's merely the closest thing to a law prohibiting BASE in the parks as they have without making new laws. Those fuckers are going to bust you no matter how good of an excuse you have...and take your gear...and fine you...and take you to jail...

When WE can make the rules, oh the fun I'm going to have--the rangers will be bringing me lunch in the LZ's they are keeping clear for me, they will be providing shaded packing areas in the summer, and heated ones in winter. We may even have them take turns being an accuracy pad to stomp in the LZ.

Until then, it's camo and surreptitious stealth missions.

PS: a big hello to all the [non-BASE friendly] rangers reading this post!

http://www.basejumper.com/...post=2616022#2616022

You do realize, I've spent quite a substantial amount of time in Europe... and ya know what I never had to deal with? Everything Pope Listed.

Why don't you post that last bit from your second pm, so we can all see what a Hypocrite you are; talking out of both sides of your mouth.

And the Funny Thing is, not only is this not going to cost 50k, will probably cost less than what I have spent on all of my Euro trips.

dmcoco84 wrote:
W_Heisenberg wrote:
David is obviously one of those millennial's who is use to getting his way the more he cries. The NPS is going to let him cry all day long and the policy will stay in place... he's just out 50k+, a lot of tears, and nonsense writing.

JDS wrote:
Slambo is passing out bumps like he's driving a cab.

I betcha George Washington tips like shit....
"Thanks for the tip asshole"

Pretty Much

"Gentlemen" ... I've got Plenty of Time for kicking the nps's ass.

Or as Mark Geragos has put it, "I've got plenty of Fuck You money."

Not to mention... I technically no longer need to speak with tdog: because everything I've wanted to speak with Travis about, I've spoken with BASE 3 about. So, Yeah...

Wink I'm Good Cool

pope wrote:
Pretty Much
Shortcut
dmcoco84 wrote:
And thinking that a boycott of 2019 or 2020 would be beneficial, outside of something similar in severity as the fingerprinting... is truly insane. Get Over It ... Let's Be Productive.

I wonder if baronn is thinking what I'm thinking [,] that he should probably be thinking...

Gear checks will be interesting this year!

Laugh
Shortcut
This is the best documentary about George Washington that I've seen to date:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc
Shortcut
Re: [dorkitup] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
dorkitup wrote:
This is the best documentary about George Washington that I've seen to date:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7iVsdRbhnc

Good Sir ... I Concur

Minus the "Punk Bitch Schnauzer" ... given, George Washington had a Dalmatian.

If Gdub was out patrolling the land, it obviously was with Madame Moose.

Can't decide if that's lazy writing, or trying to insinuate something.

Probably just lazy; given, not even "Sweet Lips" was utilized.

Sweet Lips works without any re-writing what so ever.

Shortcut
base428 wrote:
Coco,

I agree with you. ... ... Congressman Tancredo got involved, but we still can't jump in National Parks outside of Bridge Day.

Heeyyyy Jason,

You ever have any "material" chats with the Man Chin, while he was Governor?

I'm not inquiring in relation to Congressman Tancredo type effort(s), but, Senator Joe Manchin sure has become quite the "material" party here in 2021.

Intriguing... & given that his "last" Bridge Day was 2010.

base428 wrote:
Permit Denial #1

Permit Denial #2

Fred Morelli talked about a lawsuit against the NPS more than five years ago. I'll give him a call/email and find out more.

I don't recall elaboration on that matter.

base428 wrote:
Fred Morelli was prepared to file a similar lawsuit in the late 90's or early 2000's, but he must have lost interest. For the last few years, I discussed the idea with several people and all have supported it.

Maybe, because, this was it...?

Well, I sure won't be following suit.

pope wrote:

Actually, as I write this, given our last chat... you probably won't see this post in a timely manner, will ya?

Oh well, I Do love email.

Anyone Else?

WP wrote:
A spokeswoman for Senator Kyrsten Sinema (Ariz.) said the senator is "against eliminating the filibuster, and she is not open to changing her mind about eliminating the filibuster."

Oh! Well, Hello There, Senator.

Thank You, Kindly.

Shortcut
JT8D wrote:
Ummm.. how's that decade old lawsuit going?

CapPat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47n6v4e3QJE
Shortcut

Wow, baronn... You're Gettin' a Twofer.

First, no Bridge Day at all.

Now, Bridge Day without BASE jumpers.

& all still highly amusing...

But Wait! wrote:
NOW, no Bridge Day at all, again... Laugh

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/...e3-cfc168ce5040.html

County commissioners said their vote was not because of COVID-19 numbers or because the county couldn’t provide for the safety of BASE jumpers or attendees. They blamed the move on “a small group of individuals” who influenced the event’s BASE jumping coordinator.

“They did this by misleading him to believe the jumpers he represents would not have the support they required to efficiently reach the jump site or have access to medical care, should they suffer an injury,” the commission wrote. “This small group knew the BASE jumper withdrawal would likely result in the cancellation of Bridge Day — and, they were right.

“As you all know, BASE jumping is the main event at Bridge Day and, without it, Bridge Day would not be the same. Your county commissioners believe the nation’s newest national park deserves to be celebrated with the full glory of Bridge Days past. Under the current circumstances, we do not believe that possible.”

In the news release, Fayette County commissioners said they would act to change the Bridge Day Commission’s bylaws, to make sure no individual or small group “has the power to unilaterally influence a decision that affects not just Fayette County, but also Bridge Day attendees and participants, neighboring counties, the State of West Virginia and the National Park Service.”

Wednesday’s cancellation is the third time the event has been called off since it began in 1980. The event also was canceled in 2001, after the al-Qaida terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, Naylor said.

ME wrote:
https://www.the-journal.com/...r-parachutists-exit/

Ellison said the statement, which did not identify the individuals or small group, was “just flat-out not true.”

"Since I've been involved with the BASE side of things since 2015 as the organizer, we've always done things as a team,” Ellison said in a telephone interview Wednesday night. “We all talk and discuss things and that's not just me or one other person on the commission. That's the entire body. That's how it's always worked and that's how it works the best, when we all discuss things in the open and come to the proper decision on how to move forward with the event. And that's what we did."

"There's no conspiracies."

Where's BASE428?

Do I feel a hijacking coming on?

Laugh Cool

dmcoco84 wrote:
dmcoco84 wrote:
And thinking that a boycott of 2019 or 2020 would be beneficial, outside of something similar in severity as the fingerprinting... is truly insane. Get Over It ... Let's Be Productive.

I wonder if baronn is thinking what I'm thinking [,] that he should probably be thinking...

Gear checks will be interesting this year!

Laugh
Shortcut

Translation:

Next Year ... Gulag.

FCC wrote:
https://fayettecounty.wv.gov/...e%20Day%20092921.pdf

FCC wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/...p;id=101112375462779

September 29, 2021

PRESS RELEASE:

It is with great regret the Fayette County Commissioners inform the public we have decided unanimously to exercise our vote at the Bridge Day Commission meeting later today to effectively cancel Bridge Day 2021. We did not make this decision lightly. There have been many theories about why this issue is up for another vote only two weeks after the Bridge Day Commission voted 4-2 in favor of proceeding with Bridge Day this year, and we would like to set the record straight.

It is not because the County’s COVID numbers are getting worse since the Bridge Day Commission voted to proceed with Bridge Day two weeks ago, because they are improving.

It is not because the County could not provide for the safety of the BASE jumpers or Bridge Day attendees and participants, because the State and the Summit Bechtel Reserve were prepared to provide resources to accommodate the needs of any additional sick or injured.

It is not because the local hospitals asked the County or the Bridge Day Commission to cancel the event, because it did not.

It is not because there were not enough bus drivers to transport guests or participants to events, because the State Department of Education was prepared to assist the Bridge Day Commission with recruiting volunteer bus drivers from other counties to assist.

It was not because the National Park Service refused to issue a permit due to any of these issues, because it granted the permit and only required a mask mandate to enter the venue.

It is not because anything changed for the worse since the Bridge Day Commission voted to proceed with Bridge Day, because nothing has.

It IS because a small group of individuals decided it knew better than your elected Federal, State and County officials and acted to influence the coordinator of Bridge Day’s main event, BASE jumping, to cancel its participation in Bridge Day. They did this by misleading him to believe the jumpers he represents would not have the support they required to efficiently reach the jump site or have access to medical care should they suffer an injury. This small group knew the BASE jumper withdrawal would likely result in the cancellation of Bridge Day - and, they were right.

As you all know, BASE jumping is the main event at Bridge Day, and without it, Bridge Day would not be the same. Your County Commissioners believe the Nation’s newest national park deserves to be celebrated with the full glory of Bridge Days past. Under the current circumstances, we do not believe that possible.

That said, your Fayette County Commissioners will act promptly to implement changes to the Bridge Day Commission bylaws and take all necessary action to ensure in the future no individual or small group has the power to unilaterally influence a decision that affects not just Fayette County, but also Bridge Day attendees and participants, neighboring counties, the State of West Virginia and the National Park Service. We join you in your disappointment over this news and look forward to seeing you at Bridge Day 2022.
Shortcut
Re: [SpecialKaye] Class Action Lawsuit - NPS **Update**
SpecialKaye wrote:
I told Fred several years back, I would be more than happy to donate Paralegal time/services...am still willing to do so. Drop me a line/PM if you need me to look anything up or how I can help out.

Later Jason,
Kaye

Does anyone know what Kaye is up to these days?

All these examples sure are going to be helpful in the future...

...though, I don't think I have any c/a briefs. Just complaints; like below:

C/A Lawsuit wrote:
VERIFIED CLASS ACTION COMPLAINT FOR PRELIMINARY AND PERMANENT INJUNCTIVE RELIEF AND DECLARATORY RELIEF

https://lc.org/...aintwithExhibits.pdf
CA Main.jpg
Shortcut

Ah, Memories...

Can't say I didn't try.

dmcoco84 wrote:
Yeah, Well, if this forum hadn't gotten so damn boring I wouldn't have to try to liven it up; or try getting people to come back. I sent FastPete a PM (seeing if he had notifications turned on... he did), logged in, but hasn't been back in over a year. Now That's Funny! ... So again, if they do to the BASEZone what they have done to the Dorkzone, without addressing every issue [possible] first; this place is gonna seriously suffer.

Note: I will say, that's a nice little tie into the thread that got me to start posting. I'll give ya 1 witty point.

W_Heisenberg wrote:
Well then, why don't you reply back to this thread in another 12 years and update us chief.

Think RBG will still be on the bench in 12 years?

I don't think Ray Kurzweil's predictions are coming quite fast enough.
Shortcut
DB#2 wrote:
Schizophrenia
Overview

Mmmmm... First the hypochondriac's guide to medicine, and now The National Institute of Mental Health?

You & Heisenberg are making such great progress. I'm So Impressed! - (Don't forget your bibliography!)

Personally ... I would've started with something like NAMI: http://www.nami.org/...itions/Schizophrenia

Much better writing... & its even got a video!

Ya know what there, DingleBerry#2 / JDS...?

I think Jason Bell pretty much summed up the entirety of your interactions with me over the last handful of years:

base428 wrote:
It sounds to me like [DingleBerry#2 / JDS] is upset that others are planning to take some real action and his name isn't attached to it. I can smell a little of [Robin] in some of these posts...

base428 wrote:
Coco,

I agree with you. No one is currently doing anything of great significance to further legal jumping in National Parks, so do we really have anything to lose here? 27+ years of discrimination is a very good reason to pursue a lawsuit. We've done a lot at the lower levels, but maybe it's time to get everyone's attention and take it to federal court. Congressman Tancredo got involved, but we still can't jump in National Parks outside of Bridge Day.

It sounds to me like Robin Heid is upset that others are planning to take some real action and his name isn't attached to it. I can smell a little of Robin in some of these posts...

Give me a call when you can, Coco. Cya.

http://www.basejumper.com/...post=2875067#2875067
Shortcut
dmcoco84 wrote:

Indeed.

dmcoco84 wrote:

Hadn't forgotten about it, but it wasn’t until very recently that this thread, directly, returned to my attention; quite a long winded explanation, and a very freaky means to which it did, as well.

For The Record:

It was Jeff Nebelkopf; in which DIRECTLY returned my attention to this thread.

Where, it's even more long winded & freaky, now, than it was back then...

That explanation would start with the Keys Boogie 2010 & Post #107.

But, obviously, that is not going to be happening on, This Forum.

Two Canceled Bridge Days', & our Little BASE DorkZone Too.

... protected beyond all human probability & expectation ...

dmcoco84 wrote:

& ... "a handful of days" ...

dmcoco84 wrote:

Little Did I Know... how drastically my life would change, forever, soon after at BD '07.

And what is forever listed, right above it?

Bridge Day 2007

In reply to:
My goal with this lawsuit is to approach the issue of gaining access to our National Parks in a way that has not yet been done.

GRIN ... Unreal

Not to mention, that I "happen to live" in one of the few states, that still has a "Reading Law" program.

I’ve said it many times over, in the last few years. Oh, and I’m sure I’ll say it many more:

G-d has a bizarre sense of humor.

The Hand of G-d has been so conspicuous in all this, that he must be worse than an infidel that lacks faith, and more than wicked, that has not gratitude enough to acknowledge his obligations.